Ok, so I went a bit wild with the Tea Parties! This bunch started with one I made for a niece who had just turned one, and first birthdays are special, so a little dolls dress was also deemed necessary. This one year old has a cute little 3 year old sister, and I couldn't leave her out, so I went matchy, matchy. Completely over-the-top matchy!
By the time I got to the dolls dresses, I was running out of matching fabric, but I kept them as close as I could.
Though the dolls dresses turn out really well, they are as time-consuming as the bigger dresses. I suppose leaving out the piping and ribbon would have made them much faster, but then they wouldn't be matchy!!
The insides are finished with flat-felled seams again. As these are summer dresses, they will probably be worn on their own ( on the 2 hot days we get in August;-) so I didn't want to leave scratchy seams.
And finally we have bloomers! my daughter wears leggings rather than bloomers, and because I feel I missed her 'bloomer' stage, this was my 'fix'. I topstitched the seam allowances of these to keep them neat and used French seams for the sides.
The smaller Tea Party dress is sized down from the 2Tto5 pattern to 12to18 size and I had to do the same with the bloomers. Multi-sized patterns make this relatively easy.
The main fabric is Patty Young Flora and Fauna and all the ribbons are Farbenmix.
There's one more Tea Party post, and a sneaky peek in one of the pictures above.
Pin It Now!