Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Little Lisette and KCWC

I've decided to sign up for the Kid Clothes Week Challenge, so that I can get some dresses finished.
This is the first Little Lisette 2063 pattern I've made and I want to make 2 more. One will be a birthday present for a niece and the other is for my daughter for a family occasion.

This dress is also a birthday present, one of 2 I am making for my goddaughter. The patterned fabric is a silk cotton mix, incredibly lightweight, so I lined it with a plain voile.

I made some changes to the pattern. I lined the bodice, simply by cutting the bodice pieces twice, and still used the neckline binding. And I used French seams for all the skirt side seams.

With my usual tendency to hide all seams, I used some ribbon to cover the seam allowances on the ruffles.
Though I probably could have avoided using the neckline binding by sewing the bodice pieces right-side together and then turning them, however, it is a lovely detail so I kept it! And the Liberty binding matched perfectly.

 

This Lisette pattern is so straightforward and well written that I can't wait to make the next 2 dresses.

Pin It Now!  

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, it's lovely! What a great present! I like all the coordinating fabrics. I've never tried any Lisette patterns, but I do like Oliver + S patterns a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin. The Little Lisette patterns seem to be easier than the O+S, but the sizing is different, in that they run a bit larger.

      Delete
  2. the dress looks really great!
    I'm going to check this challenge now:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michal, Thanks. It is a very popular challenge, lots of sewists!

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous! Silk/cotton blend fabric sounds divine.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the fabric in probably the Irish equivalent of Joanns, so I 'had' to buy it. It feels as divine as it sounds :-)

      Delete