Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Children and Milestones

Another little milestone in the life of one of my babies. Recently it seems to be all stages and milestones.
My eldest has just turned 11 and the 48 hour labour ending in a c-section still can seem like moments ago.
The miracle baby (born after 3 miscarriages when we thought we wouldn't be able to have any more) has turned 4 and I can still see his beautiful little face and eyes looking towards me when he was being weighed.
My baby - aged almost 2 and a half is just toilet trained and now has a bed. We changed her cot-bed into a bed and it feels like she is really growing up and becoming her own little person, independent, smart. She just got the whole idea of using the potty really fast - the boys were a lot older as I always waited until they were well ready.

The second, on seeing the bed, said "now we don't have to run and lift her out first thing in the morning any more".
As she woke 'the miracle' this morning at 6 to ask him to call me to lift her out to her potty - I am in agreement with the sentiments of the second, especially in my sleep-deprived state which tends to heighten any negative thoughts.
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment