Friday, May 22, 2009

Whew! At last a Sewing Post!

It's been a bit introspective around here . . . . . so time for some more sewing pictures.

The dress, baby trousers and hat have been finished and I love the dress. The trousers is unwearable but makes for a good picture, and the hat has been ripped, sewn and cut (see last post) so many times that I don't know what to think of it.

The patterns for the dress and trousers are numbers 15 and 6 respectively from the current Ottobre 3/2009. I will definately make the dress again and have pictures of it in my head in lots of other colours. The polka dot fabric is from Andalucia by Patty Young, bought online from Laine Jane
.



The hat is from a Sewbaby pattern 'The Hat Shoppe'(can't find the correct link) - perhaps my seam allowances are not accurate but I had a lot of difficulty matching the brim and the crown. I had to gather the crown to make it fit. In fairness, the pattern says that it is very sensitive to changes in the seam allowances. I like the look of the hat though, so I probably will try it again. This set is a present for another niece who is just 1 y - I hope she, or rather her mother! likes it.

Visit to the counsellor again yesterday. It always make me feel I can cope again for another while.
Pin It Now!  

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I have this dress on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megbud. I am delighted with how it looks, especially as I didn't make the usual white sailor collar. It was a very quick dress to make.
    Ange

    ReplyDelete