Saturday, September 12, 2009

Naming a Pattern.

I posted some suggestions on the Modkid blog to name some of Patty Young's future patterns. I have 12 nieces and I couldn't list all their names, so I picked some that I thought suited her style. Guess what!? one of my nieces names got picked - Nina. I am so delighted and it is an honour to have named one of this designer's patterns.

I have been sewing for less than a year - mostly for my daughter, but she couldn't wear all that I was making for her - so I started making for my nieces as each of their birthdays came up and 2 nieces have dresses made from Patty Young fabric. One I posted about here and below I've attached pictures of the other dress. For this dress I adapted a Japanese pattern (m ISBN9784529045261) by adding lining and a ruffle.
The headscarf is my own pattern.




I haven't sewn anything for Nina's birthday yet, so maybe she'll be lucky and get something made from 'her' pattern! Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment