Thursday, October 22, 2009

Costumes - Part one

My sister-in-law asked me to make a Halloween dress for my niece, so I got my niece to draw what she wanted. Then I browsed through some of my patern books and found a bodice pattern from a Burda Wedding Dress 4/09!! The only alteration I had to make was to reduce the size of the bodice dart.

The skirt is 2 metres of gathered fabric. I used Duchess satin for the bodice, black lining fabric for the skirt, and put black cotton inside to line the dress. The netting is sewn onto the ribbon and was attached after and there's a zip at the back.

It was very plain and didn't look very 'Halloween'.

So I bought some glittery spiders....

and small webs and did a little sewing....

I think it looks a lot more 'Halloween' now. My boys are mad impressed with it - well.. the spiders!

Stay tuned for a Star Wars costume in Part two.
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment