Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Up and Down?



A little glimmer of light in what has proven to be an unpleasant start to 2010 - DotsnStripes is celebrating its 3rd birthday and is having weekly giveways - I won a Farbenmix pattern. Woooohooooo! The second blog giveway I've won (first).




I will probably have to wait for the English translation to be put up on the Farbenmix site, but it's the first Farbenmix pattern I own.

I find it hard to resist fine corduroy (babywhale) fabric so had to get some in the DotsnStripes
winter sale.


(The fabric on the right is from Volksfaden.) To get the inspiration going I zig-zaged the edges before washing it. I still can't seem to get down to do some sewing.

My husband had an urgent MRIscan last week as the pain was not improving, and got the results today. He needs spinal surgery it seems - quite a shock. At least his pain is better controlled now and he is able to walk rather than shuffle. An appointment with a surgeon is next and then perhaps a date for surgery.

I can't think that far ahead, can't think of the implications of this news. So there's breathing, staying in the moment and getting out of my head and my thoughts to try to be some support to him.
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment