Friday, June 25, 2010

a Little present for my Niece - Not a dress for a change!!


I wanted to make something small for my niece who is 15 so I put this together in less than an hour, from tracing the pattern to sewing a label inside.





It is a little make-up bag. The outer fabric is Hilco, bought from DotsnStripes early last year and also used to make this dress for my daughter.



The lining is Alice in Wonderland print from Kokka, bought from The Eternal Maker.


And I added a Farbenmix ribbon just because....!
I thought i matched the ends of the ribbon exactly - I'd say I almost succeeded.

I hope she likes it. She is also godmother to my daughter, so I'll put in some make-up, that I know she likes.
Oh ....... and the pattern is from Sew Pretty Homestyle by Tone Finnager. If everything in the book is half as easy - I'll be making lots more.
Pin It Now!  

3 comments:

  1. Lovely make-up bag. Your niece is a very lucky girl! I love all the fabrics and of course the ribbon...I don't have that one.....yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the stuff you make, you really need to start a shop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millie, I was amazed how quick and easy it was, especially the zip. Those ribbons are addictive!

    Thanks, 'Walkingwithangels' - it's good to hear that - it gives more confidence in my colour and fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete