Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another make-up bag ... or two

























I made these for a friends birthday. I saw the pattern (free!) on the fabric.com website and it was just what I was looking for ......... until I started sewing! I am a perfectionist when it comes to finishing insides of dresses, bags or whatever I'm sewing - that means that as far as possible I don't like to see seams. So I use lining, French seams or Bias binding.




The zip part was eas-peasy, and turned out very neat.

















The lining, well, I should really have used bias binding, because the lining was almost impossible to sew. There must be a better way of lining this type of bag. It turned out ok, except for an odd pucker and bulky corners!

















I love the shape of these, but my choice of fabric and trimmings was just too 'seasonal'
















Mind you, if she get's tired of the colour, she could turn the bags inside out- after all my trouble lining them!
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment