Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sewing Dresses for a Preschooler.

Because my daughter started preschool, it was an absolutely wonderful excuse to make her some dresses - like I need one! As she gets older, she expresses her opinion a bit more on what she likes and dislikes, so it's important that she gets included at the fabric-selection stage!

The truth is, any fabric that has some pink or an animal, flower, bug ..... and as long as it is going to be a dress.

I first made a dress from this pattern (Burda BWOF 1/2009), back when I started sewing. The neck was too small, so this time I added about 3cm to the neck - a bit too much!!





















but it's still more than wearable and she likes it.























The fabric is a Robert Kaufman corduroy which I bought from Lucky Kaeru Fabric a great etsy shop, and it has pink, birds, no flowers, but leaves!

What I learnt about sewing for a preschooler?
Pockets - for tissues, for ribbons, for stones, for adventures, for ..... so many things, but there must be pockets. They are in the side seams of this dress, in a French Seam, which was as difficult as it sounds.





Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment