Friday, March 20, 2009

Fabric Designers and Fabric Online

Since starting to sew again I have become fascinated with fabric and fabric designers. There are two designers that I find very appealing: Sandi Henderson because of her cheerful colours and colour combination, and Heather Ross for her original and often whimsical designs. Heather has a new line of fabric due in the shops and I can't wait to get hold of it, especially the unicorn designs. I have a 5 year old niece who will be so impressed if she gets something made with unicorns on it.

I have a developing (slowly) fabric stash which seems to be part and parcel of sewing. My current favourites are eurpoean cottons and corduroys. The Stenzo line on Volksfaden is amazing quality, and Holland Fabric House has some pretty cottons and velvets too.
The picture is the most recent sewing project with Stenzo cottons and Ottobre patterns. I just loved putting it together and I hope my friends daughter will have just as much fun wearing it.
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment