Friday, April 24, 2009

Sewing Japanese


Sewing Japanese!

I bought a Japanese pattern book called Favourite Dresses by Ondori publishing, from Superbuzzy a few months ago and I decided to see if I could make a dress from it. It's completely in Japanese, but the illustrations are brilliant and I am not an experienced sewer. I'm more a 'Have-a-go' kind of sewer! You can see some of the kind of detail from the pictures above. I have never been so thorough about measuring seam allowances! I found the experience of using this pattern easy and enjoyable, and a quick dress to make.



The photos don't do the dress and the fabric justice and it needs pressing and a button at the neckline. The fabric is a medium weight cotton which my mother bought in some shop in Istanbul about 4 years ago. I also have a blue version which I haven't used yet. The yellow check bias binding is from Dots and Stripes. The dress is a present for another nieces birthday! She's 3, so I might include a nice pocket or 2 on the front, which I could also use the binding for. I suppose I could do another hat too, to complete the look.
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment