Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another one for the boys!



I must be on a roll! My 4 year old got to enjoy another try-on. I made these pj's for my friends son as a thank you for driving 6 hours to see me at Easter, and being the reason I had one of the most 'normal' weekends where I was almost feeling myself again. Her son is 5 in July and I made these age 5, so I hope they fit.

The pattern is from Oliver & S which I have been wanting to try for a while. The pj's turned out perfect, and the pattern instructions were very clear, but I was a little disappointed. The pattern is almost too traditional. I was hoping for something a little different, more visual instructions - something more like the Japanese way of presenting pattern instructions. I have been reading the Oliver & S blog and the blog of the designer Liesl Gibson and both are very impressive, so I suppose I had great expectations.

The only alterations I made were to make a wider leg band and to put a button inside the waist so that it can be adjusted.

The fabric is from Heather Ross and boyish with the frogs and . . . . turtles which I didn't notice until my husband pointed them out! -and they are sooooo obvious!

Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment