Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Children's Dresses Burda WOF 2/2009

These dresses are presented as communion dresses in the magazine, but I loved the look and the style. I had to size them down for my daughter, which for me (not doing it correctly!!) involved drawing the lines of the size I wanted, by copying the distances between the bigger sizes - if that makes sense, and drawing that line inside the other size lines.

The green dress above is number 139 in the magazine. The fabric for the green dress has 'Angela Anderson for V.I.P Cranston' on the selvedge. It was bought online from JB Sewing Box who were very quick and reasonable for delivery. The bodice part is lined and I changed the skirt by just putting a centre front and centre back pleat of different material.

The blue(ish) dress is number 141 and was very easy to make. I especially like how the bias binding was applied. It was folded in half, the open edges sewn together on the right side of the fabric, bias was folded in and topstitched from the outside - the simplest method I have come across. The only change from the pattern was putting elastic in the half-belt in the back for a better fit.

I will make these patterns again as they are easy and make perfect summer dresses.
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment