Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Custom make - Finale!


This is really getting dragged out, but I had waaaaayy too many pictures for one post.


So this jacket (3904) was decided on - also from the same Sue&Blu magazine. This was a very straightforward pattern, but it was trying to fit in these pattern pieces on the fabric layout that caused the biggest headache, trying to make sure I had enough fabric.


I was so short of the navy, the belt at the back of the dress is like patchwork as I used so many pieces to make it.! Luckily I had bought white and navy fabric myself for the lining.







I finished all the inside seams with white binding, which made the jacket look neat inside and out.



Initially I thought it looked too much together with the dress, but it has grown on me - and my niece looked very elegant in it.











As a special treat for my niece who is only 10, and because she loves animals and had been so patient for fittings - I sewed some Farbenmix ribbons with animals to the inside of the jacket. She loved them!





Pin It Now!  

3 comments: