Monday, April 20, 2009

Ottobre patterns and sewing dresses



I made the orange and blue dress that I referred to in an earlier post. It is from the same pattern as the 'luminuous' greendress which is also pictured earlier. The pattern is Ottobre 1/2005 no. 18 & 19, which is very wide fitting but looked very pretty on my 2 year old at her cousins christening. I really enjoyed making it and was delighted with how it turned out, even the colours, which on paper don't sound great. The fabric is from another online fabric and pattern shop which stocks the most gorgeous selection of fabric Dots and Stripes.

The little pinafore was a present for the same cousin and includes hat number 2 that I mentioned a while back. The pockets should really be of a pinker fabric to match better. The cotton cord is from Holland Fabric House and is so soft to the touch.

There is no picture of hat number 3 from the green fabric, just because I finished it in a hurry to send it to my niece, but I made a hat for the orange and blue dress above. This hat pattern is from the same issue of Ottobre, and is my current favourite.

I have been doing quite a bit of sewing and creating these pieces gives me such a lift. I have to get planning the next piece to keep my thinking occupied. I have felt very "normal" or perhaps it is better to say I feel more myself, the last few weeks which is a very, very good thing.
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment