Thursday, April 1, 2010

Present for my godchild ... 2

I know that my godchild likes unicorns, so I also made her this skirt and top.






The skirt is a Burda magazine pattern (1/09#138), which I made a little wider ( for more 'twirl') and also added a casing at the side so the top layer could be tied up.



The fabric is 'Far Far Away' double gauze from Heather Ross, which is very soft but I find it is a bit too drapey/clingy/wrinkly - though I think it works ok in this skirt.



I made the top as an after thought, and it is not the best finished piece I ever made. (Burda 6/09#140). I had to recut the neckline binding as the pattern piece was too short, and the neck has 6 little buttons - so that meant trying to fit in 6 tiny buttonholes.

The applique is a first effort, and I only noticed that the unicorn has its head to the ground when I had it completed - oh well!



She should enjoy wearing this (fingers crossed!).
Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment