Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lots of Ottobre

The patterns I cut out, got sewn up.

The vest and tie from Ottobre 3/2009 are a present for a friends son. I recycled an old Ralph Lauren shirt for the outside and used a Japanese pirate fabric from Kokka for the lining so it's very boyish!

Ottobre 6/2009, the recent issue has some perfect winter patterns, and this coat is one of them. The fabric is velvet and wool chartreuse bought locally. The wool is really much too heavy for the pattern so I had to make some adaptations to make it work - the half belt was needed to give shape to the back pleat.

The pleats in the front were stitched much longer to prevent the coat from looking too wide. The beret is a pattern from SewBaby.

Finally, my daughter, my baby girl, is 3 next week so I made her a dress from Ottobre 6/2009 also. We have cold winters so I changed it to long sleeves, but I kept the cuff details, which I love. The fabric is a Stenzo cord which I bought from

It looks very sweet on her.

I put bias binding on all the ruffle joins to neaten the skirt, first time I have used bias for this and it makes a great finish.

I badly need to keep sewing - a tablecloth for the birthday table is next...

Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment